Skip to main content

Float With Me

The summer wind warms
our bodies as we
lay down here,
not saying a word,
looking up at the sky.
Dark blue night
is spread above us –
a clear and beautiful night.
Stars are shining,
seeming so close.
You take my hand,
I can feel your mind’s pleasant embrace,
smell the clear air
as we begin to float,
just barely above the ground.

It seems so natural,
floating upwards,
higher and higher.
Stars are getting closer,
wonderfully sparkling,
glowing giants,
lanterns on our way,
as we ascend.
Ascending faster and faster
as we leave earth behind.
I squeeze your hand
wondering if you are afraid
because I am not.
You rub your thumb over mine,
I know now.
You are not afraid.

It makes me smile 
as we leave orbit,
seeing all the wonderful
celestial bodies
shining towards us.
I slide closer to you
embracing you tightly
as we drift.
I would be afraid
if I lost you.

But you are here,
next to me.
I can see over your shoulder –
a thousand stars and galaxies,
worlds unknown,
beautiful creatures,
and fascinating monsters.
I don’t know
where we are going,
but I know it will be magnificent.
No matter what we see, 
it will be incredible.
The whole universe lies
before us.

We’ll just have to go,
have to use this one special moment.
I look into your eyes,
and I can see the universe
right there in your eyes.

I hear you laughing,
amazement and disbelief,
it makes me laugh as well.
The sound of our laughter
pervading this dark sky
like silver threads.

I wish I could stay here
forever with you,
floating,
but our time –
it is limited.

So let us fly higher
while we can,
let us reach for other worlds,
before we come crashing down
to earth again.





First published here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the Universes

Light travels fast, light travels far, come and travel with me and with light... far, far away... to the farthest realm... darkness surrounds me, but soon the sky lights up with millions and millions of stars and I am not alone. Oh, sweet cosmic abyss, embrace my poor soul and make me immortal, so I can see... so I can feel... all the universes... all the universes out here... swimming through time until the end of it and the start of a new time in oh so many dimensions... spread out, crumbled up, sticking together, floating, rolling, turtleneck dimensions.

Terribly Lost

Thick mists cover the water, mountains loom over me, an old wooden quay leading to nowhere. Oh, I got so terribly lost, I can see through the fog, but I can't feel the cold. Oh, dance with me on this old wooden quay. I take off my dress and feel the wind, the wind that is roughing up the waters, carressing my skin. Come, follow me, my sweetheart, we'll go for a swim and we'll dance under water in the dark. As the waves crush over me and I sink and I dance, I can see through the mist and the dark. Oh, I got so terribly lost.

Angelic

My body embraces the cold, lying outstretched, letting ice and snow cover me, making me shine. Angelic I will go to my grave.